22, May 2019
The Institute for Timber Construction South Africa (ITC-SA), South Africa’s engineered timber construction industry body, offers estimators and designers in the nail-plated timber roof truss industry access to fundamental...
03, May 2019
Tekwani is an integrated, family-owned agri-industrial group in South Africa, with operations including cattle, water-bottling, forestry and sawmilling. The sawmilling arm of the group supplies sawn timber...
26, Apr 2019
I am of the opinion that before we tackle the timber building method, we should explore the thinking around this industry, how it is embraced by the rest of the world and how we South Africans can learn.
21, May 2019
Korean-owned lumber company Dongwha Australia has constructed a $10-million boiler to turn sawdust into bioenergy at its Bombala softwood mill. Sawdust is an inevitable part of the milling process...
21, May 2019
Using deep learning artificial intelligence, Lucidyne introduced Perceptive Sight Intelligent Grading to the lumber industry. Hampton Lumber embraced this technology at three of its sawmills in Oregon and is ready to share the results.
16, May 2019
The purpose of this 2018 study is to evaluate how US demand for softwood lumber could be met as the supply dynamics of North America change and off-shore supply and production economics evolve over the next decade.
- Prasa terminates employment of former company secretary
- Prasa places more execs on special leave, suspension, as probes continue
- 'Eish!' Late Mboweni sworn in with the EFF, keeps 378 000 Twitter followers updated
- 'Open for business' Zimbabwe has little to show for $27 billion
- May’s desperate gamble on a new Brexit referendum falls flat
- Dirty coal: Eskom admits it has no budgets or plans for decommissioning its older coal powered stations
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chains are headed for insolvency
- PIC inquiry: R5.2 billion Karan Beef deal 'in limbo' amid whisteblower claims
- Looking for a salary bump? These are the cities with the highest salaries
- Fuel in Zimbabwe will now cost over R20 a litre