Production /General Manager Timber Industry in Nelspruit
Production /General manager Timber Industry in Nelspruit
- Overall bottom line responsibility of the factory operation
- To ensure that production targets are achieved or exceeded
- Implementing & maintaining excellent standard of housekeeping & cultivating a safe working environment
- Manage staff compliment of +- 50 staff members, including mechanical & engineering workshop
- Maintaining good industrial relations & discipline in the work place
- Effective utilization of plant & equipment & ensure equipment is maintained to acceptable standards.
- Ensure efficient utilization of all resources in order to maximize profitability.
- Joinery and manufacturing of doors
- Electrical & mechanical knowledge
- An active male with at least 5 years' experience in an upper level production management position in a furniture or similar factory is essential.
- English and afrikaans a must, a black language will be advantageous.
- Experience on the operation and maintenance of woodworking equipment would be beneficial.
- A minimum of three years proven experience of people management
- Computer literate, with excel knowledge.
- Knowledge of current health & safety standards.
- Additional related tertiary qualifications will be an added advantage
- The candidate must display the capability to operate independently
- The position requires the candidate to operate and manage under a high pressure environment
- Strong leadership and team building skills are essential
- Proven ability to coach and mentor subordinates
- The candidate must be hands on and practical at all times
Salary: Negotiable according to skills and experience.
Contact: Fax CV's to 0866640914
please make sure you include traceable references