Saw Doctor Specialist - CHEP
Saw Doctor Specialist
CHEP is a global provider of supply chain solutions serving the consumer goods, fresh food, beverage, manufacturing, automotive and retail sectors in more than 60 countries. We offer a wide range of logistics and operational platforms and support services that are designed to increase performance and lower risk, while protecting the environment.
CHEP has an exciting opportunity for a Saw Doctor Specialist in Creighton. If you are physically fit and technically minded and enjoy practical, manual work and troubleshooting, this may be the opportunity you are looking for.
- Responsible for maintenance and repairing of all site Saws and a wide range of machines in the Saw shop.
- Responsible for maintaining Zero harm principles, while providing product and service that meets or exceeds the internal and external customers' expectations using the most cost effective methods available.
- Work on handsaw, chain saw, band saws and including but not limited to circular saws
- Repairing of all Sawmill saws
- Sharpening and setting saws
- Removing and replacing Saw blades
- Welding tools and Saws
- Straightening and stretching steel saw blades
- Re-tipping of cross cut and circular blades (TCT)
- Operating manual and computer controlled tools and equipment
- Handle moving objects - use hands and arms to handle, install, position materials
- Inspect equipment and structures - identify errors and defects on same and correct them
- Physical activities - include inter alia; climbing, lifting, balancing etc
- Information gathering- observe, receive and solicit information from different sources and analyse to further the work need
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment
- Work with all supervisors to ensure maximum performance and efficiency.
- Perform all administrative duties (reports: maintenance, timesheets, accidents, performance, training, environment, etc.)
- Identify, recommend and/or implement changes designed to improve production procedures, equipment performance, working conditions and product quality to maximize the section's efficiency
- Certification in Saw Doctoring or Apprentice in Saw Doctoring
- Certificate in the technical field
- Education: Secondary or High School
- 2-5 years of experience in production, manufacturing environment
- Experience with formal safety programs, maintenance programs and knowledge of regulatory environment an asset
- Experience in Sawmill environment will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please send your updated CV in word format to CHEPMEARecruit@chep.com
Closing Date: 2 February 2018