Civil Foreman (HRL 15/S8)
Civil Foreman (HRL 15/S8)
LOCATION: Stanger Mill
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Stanger requires a Civil Foreman to assist with the overall managing of the civil section, the garage and general site functions by utilising the efficient and effective usage of the materials and manpower in effecting maintenance of buildings, roadways, hydrant lines, structural steel work, refractory repairs to boilers and copeland reactor, motor vehicles, fork lifts, cranes etc. and to oversees the civil elements of capital project .Managing the corrosion protection team .
REPORTING TO: SERVICES ENGINEER
- Complies with all relevant statutory legislation applicable by ensuring that work undertaken by surbodinates is carried out in accordance with safe working practice ( SPI's & OHSA ).Prevents unsafe acts or safe working conditions and reports deviations to applicable responsible person.
- Assists in setting of fixed expenses and capital budgets and monitors expenditures on a monthly basis.
- Allocates work to the hired and mill crews daily.
- Authorises payment to contractors by signing daily time sheets.
- Co-ordinates civil activities and tasks to be performed. Undertakes problem solving and troubleshooting where required.
- Sets and controls all work undertaken by surbodinates by constant monitoring against standards and corrects where limits of tolerance are exceeded.
- Co-ordinates and sets levels and dimensions for major work.
- Ensures continuos availability of material by the initiation of stock request, direct local purchasing and requisition purchasing.
- Ensures a highly quality of repair and modification work in the mill and at the housing sites which are geographically spread.
- Develops, trains, controls, disciplines or counsels surbodinates as and when needs arise by determining appropriate action to be taken in terms of behaviour required.
- Arranges and co-ordinates site meetings with civil and roadwork's contractors.
- Discuses civil requirements with external representatives by interviewing and obtaining pertinent facts concerning products being marketed. determine relative usefulness to section.
- Calls for tenders with regards to certain civil work
- Assists in the requirement of new surbodinates by liaison with personnel department and interviewing prospective employees. Recommends final choice of applicant.
- Liaisons with site agents and civil project managers on major civil projects.
- Liaisons and co-ordinates all civil contract labour
- Understanding of Plant Operations and equipment layout.
- Knows and understands the budgeting policy and procedures of the organisation.
- Knowledge of general health and safety risks and practices.
- Knows and understands the principles and application of instrumentation maintenance.
- The ability to plan, organise, monitor and co-ordinate resources in order to meet business goals optimally
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- N3 Mechanical
- Mechanical Trade Test Certificate
- 5 years plant operations experience
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Computer Literate (MS Office Packages)
- SAP knowledge
Closing date: 25 May 2018
Please click HERE to create an account and apply
011 407 8111
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.