The employee will be responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and repairing of the sawmill's electrical distribution systems, apparatus, as well as the electrical and electronic components of the industrial machinery and equipment, whilst complying with company standard together with health & safety regulations as per legislation.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- Proof of Grade 12 school qualification;
- Proof of Section 13 trade Certificate or similar accredited qualification;
- Proven experience with references essential (Minimum 5 years' experience as electrician in a manufacturing environment, sawmill experience in specific will be advantageous).
- Knowledge of saw milling equipment;
- Good Fault Finding Skills;
- PLC and Drive experience would be advantageous;
- Strong on preventative maintenance;
- Experience on identification and sourcing of spares;
- Proven experience in high pressure, production environment/s;
- Required to work shifts and overtime from time to time (occasional call-outs/stand-by);
- Good employment history.
Responsibilities (successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks):
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures;
- Connecting wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components;
- Testing of electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures whilst ensuring compatibility and safety of system/s;
- Working from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures;
- Inspecting of electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes;
- Advising management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous;
- Identifying equipment and systems that can be modified or applied to improve operational efficiency ensuring compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements;
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem;
- Conducting required risk assessments on site before and during electrical maintenance and mitigate risks to minimise injury, incidents or lost productivity;
- Adhering to all safety rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures;
- Reporting any deviation from standard safety practice immediately.
- Market-related Salary;
- Pension and Medical Benefits;
- Company Accommodation.
EE/AA Candidates will enjoy preference, although all applications will be considered.
(Suitably qualified and experienced African males and African females are encouraged to apply).
Interested candidates to send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23/06/2018 (should you not receive any communication within 14 days after closing date, please accept your application as unsuccessful).