LOCATION: Stanger Mill
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To maintain the Mill lubrication requirements, by continuously monitoring, cleaning, renewing and filling oil and grease levels in pumps, gearboxes, hydraulics and all other lubrication systems. To carry out any autonomous maintenance requirements while on lubrication routes.
REPORTING TO : Vibration Analyst
- Diligently follows walk around routes to ensure that all lubricated equipment is checked for oil and grease levels, is lubricated and in working condition.
- Ensures the equipment being lubricated is maintained free of oil and grease residue or spillage.
- Carries out any autonomous maintenance on lubrication equipment, including flushing oil reservoirs and inspecting lubrication piping.
- Reports any defects to Section Foreman and Analyst.
- Takes oil analysis samples when required through maintenance schedules or on an adhoc basis.
- Captures requisitions for weekly oil requirements ensuring that oil levels in the oil store are sufficiently full.
- Adheres to safety requirements and procedures at all times and keeps work area clean and tidy.
- Carries out all reasonable tasks and instructions given by supervisor.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Knowledge of lubrication systems and autonomous maintenance thereof
- Mechanical aptitude
- Carries out instructions diligently and with precision
- Ability to fault find - 5 why analysis
- Principles of lubrication
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Matric or N3 / NCV L4 Engineering qualification
- Full N1 Mechanical Engineering with progress towards N2 Mechanical Engineering (2 subjects)
- Relevant Lubricators course will be advantageous
- One (1) year Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
Closing date: 23 July 2018
011 407 8111
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful