Group Sales Executive
THE FOLLOWING VACANCY EXISTS AT A WELL ESTABLISHED SAW MILL IN MPUMALANGA: 1 X GROUP SALES EXECUTIVE
To service existing customer accounts, to ensure customer needs which were identified, are met, to ensure customer service excellence is maintained and to identify as well as to obtain new business.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a sales position specifically in the timber industry.
- Credible and proven sales professional, with references essential;
- Accountable and Ethical person with integrity;
- Valid grade 12 qualification with proof thereof required;
- Formal certificate/diploma/other qualification in the field of sales or marketing advantageous;
- Fluency in English required (Reading, writing & speaking) (Fluency in Afrikaans and additional official language/s advantageous);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required (Excel, Outlook and Word);
- Ability to build new and maintain existing customer relationships;
- Good interpersonal skills and assertive negotiator at management level;
- Effective communication, selling & negotiating skills;
- A passion to succeed in a challenging environment;
- Ability to solve problems and provide solutions;
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter;
- Due to the nature of this position the employee must be willing to travel extensively;
- Own reliable transport and valid driver’s license required.
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing customers;
- Operate as a main point of contact for all matters in relation to customers;
- Gain a thorough understanding of customer needs to ensure the development of opportunities in the timber industry as well as the
growth of existing customers in the industry;
- Propose solutions and products that will address these customer needs and that once agreed upon , solutions are rendered
immediately or products are delivered timeously;
- Liaise with the relevant managers to ensure that customers’ expectations are managed in terms of large stock orders & deliveries;
- Resolve all customer problems, issues, complaints or claims timeously to ensure that trust relationships are maintained;
- Involve the relevant managers with the negotiation of contracts and agreements;
- Target driven with the ability to consistently hit pre-determined targets
EE/AA Candidates will enjoy preference (African Females and African Males are encouraged to apply), although all applications will be considered.
Interested candidates to send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org (should you not receive any communication within 14 days after closing date, please accept your application as unsuccessful).
Closing date for applications: 19 February 2020